[MEncoder-users] mencoder output

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Mar 6 18:46:27 CET 2006

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 15:38:06 +0100
Marco <brbromo at gmail.com> wrote:

> >>Right here mencoder is specifying that the video should be scaled to
> >>match the original 1.33:1 aspect ratio. If you
> >>don't want that to happen you can either:
> No, I don't want to match the original aspect ratio, because the
> cropped image would be stretched.

You've completely misunderstood.  It's scaling to the correct aspect
BEFORE cropping/scaling.

I think you're just making this far more difficult for yourself.  If you
want the correct aspect ratio set in the output file, use "-lavcopts
autoaspect".  If you want square pixels (for players like that don't
support an aspect in MPEG-4 video or in an AVI) then just use "-vf
scale=-1:-10".