[MEncoder-users] Codec for Home Movies

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sat Jun 24 17:31:00 CEST 2006

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 07:59:31 +0000
"BAsh Bash" <bash685 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> What I want to do is convert the avi file into something more
> managable  without lossing much data and also to deinterlace them.

I'm confused.  Why would you want to deinterlace?  If you're going to
make a DVD later, why not keep it interlaced?  (pullup will hurt, not
help you, and there are many other deinterlacers to chose from than
pp=md)

> I realize the codec for DVD is mpeg2 but I have heard its not very
> efficent  and so I was looking for something better and smaller.

MPEG-2 is certainly smaller and more effecient than MJPEG.

Really, I have almost no idea what you want, and what you're trying to
do.