[MEncoder-users] sony psp format

Tamas SZERB toma at rulez.org
Tue Jun 20 11:21:21 CEST 2006

Hello guys,

Do anybody know how to convert to sony psp format a video? I'm not
familiar with mencoder, but I used to use the following command to
convert the video with ffmpeg:

ffmpeg -i <input file> -f psp -title <title> -r 29.970030 -s 320x240
-b 768 -ar 24000 -ab 64 <output file>

where input file, title, output file are what you think. ;)

I think, it would be great since ffmpeg AFAIK cannot mux the subtitles
into the output file if it is separated one (eg. in srt file) for the
input.

Coud be useful, an already ffmpeg generated, good movie:

/usr/local/mplayer/bin/mplayer -identify m4v00004.mp4

Playing m4v00004.mp4.
^MCache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)
Quicktime/MOV file format detected. *(anyway that's interesting why)
ID_VIDEO_ID=0
ID_AUDIO_ID=1
VIDEO:  [mp4v]  320x240  24bpp  29.970 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
ID_FILENAME=m4v00004.mp4
ID_DEMUXER=mov
ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=mp4v
ID_VIDEO_BITRATE=0
ID_VIDEO_WIDTH=320
ID_VIDEO_HEIGHT=240
ID_VIDEO_FPS=29.970
ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=1.8083
ID_AUDIO_FORMAT=mp4a
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=0
ID_AUDIO_RATE=24000
ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
ID_LENGTH=6481.04

So if anyone could drop me a line with the correct command for
mencoder, cc me since i'm not the member of the list, i would be
greatful.

cheers,

--
VWOL