[MEncoder-users] grabbing video from tv

Larry larrywyb at widgeteye.homeip.net
Tue Jun 20 00:25:35 CEST 2006

On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 05:02:28PM -0500, Larry wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 11:16:11AM +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > On Monday, 19 June 2006 at 07:03, RC wrote:

> > > Nope.
> >
> > Well, somebody could write a video filter similar to -af export.
> >
> > Regards,
> > R.
>

> You've piqued my curiosity, what is -af export.   ??

Answering my own post here. Never mind about -af export. Rather than
write the program to pause the tv video live I will start the show in
mencoder recording mode then a second later start mplayer to play the
recording, that way if I want to pause I can pause the recording rather
than the actual tv stream. Probably a simpler way to go anyway. Then
have the recording automatically deleted when I'm finished watching.

I'm going to build my own freevo, only a simpler smaller model without
all the fancy stuff that I ain't interested in.   :)

I already have a simple gui written for the recording as well as another
written to take the times and dates for future recordings of my favorite
programs. When I get it all finished I'll put it up for download for
whoever wants it. Right now I have it so you don't have to go
to the text mode to record tv programs. Pretty handy little things, if
I do say so myself. And I do.   :)

Anyway thanks for the input.