[MEncoder-users] Error encoding Wmv/rmvb to avi

José Queiroz zekkerj at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 05:44:26 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm having trouble to encode some movies in wmv and/or rmvb to avi (divx).
This the command line I use:

mencoder "${INPUT}" \
    -o /dev/null -of avi -ffourcc divx \
    -vc ffmpeg12,mpeg12, \
    -noskip -ofps 24000/1001 -ni \
    -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1150:vqmin=3:mbd=1:vpass=1:turbo \
    -oac mp3lame -lameopts br=96:preset=medium \
    -passlogfile ${passlogfile} -noskip

2nd pass uses a similar command line.

The problem is that during the encoding, I got these error messages:

    Too many video packets in the buffer: (xxxxx in yyyyyyyy bytes).
    Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
    For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.

The output video seems to be well, but the sound is just terrible. :(

AFAIK, I'm using the latest drivers/codecs.

Any hint?