[MEncoder-users] Mencoder: Embedding DVD subtitles in to output audio stream

Serhiy Tkachenko altserg at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 10 20:58:10 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to encode a file with mencoder. I have .idx
and .sub DVD subtitles for it and I need to embed them
into output video so I don't have to distribute those
files separately with the movie.

-sub option does not work in this case (can not
determine subtitle file format) and
-vobsub option does not work either because it's not
mencoder option.

However, -vobsub option works in mplayer and I can see
my subtitles. I always use -slang en option.

How can I solve this problem ?

Thank you in advance,

Serg