[MEncoder-users] Fwd: Questions on Mencoder performace

Eli Crumrine zybhjk at verizon.net
Fri Jun 9 03:30:53 CEST 2006

larrystotler at netscape.net | Tue, 06 Jun 2006 02:01:42 -0400

I don't have the exact differences (they are readily available online),
but PIV celerons are significantly worse-performing than their
full-fledged (Northwood core) brethren.  Their architecture is quite
different besides just cache size - as you have found they do not
perform anywhere near as well as their clock speed would imply.

If you are interested, I'd be happy to run benchmarks on my P4 2ghz
(512k L2, 400mhz fsb) to see the differences between it and a
faster-clocked celeron.

--
Eli C.
2006:06:08