[MEncoder-users] A/V offsync; muxing x264, ogg, srt

Scott K Fones boson245 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 19:37:38 CEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 17:24 +0200, Michael Archibeque wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I encode with the rawvideo switch but let mencoder see the audio with
> something like mp3lame.  It will problably slow things down a bit but it
> will allow mencoder to properly keep sync throughout.  The rawvideo switch
> will leave the audio out anyways.  Also, leave -mc 0 out in addition to the
> -noskip.
>
> Hope this helps!!!

Thanks for the reply.  I tried muxing the avi and ogg into an mkv with
mkvmerge -o <output> --engage allow_avc_in_vfw_mode -A <video>.avi ...
and that worked it all out.  Of course, mkvmerge isn't very happy about
it, but it works :).  I'm going to give your way a try here too, just
for completeness.

Does leaving the video in vfw affect anything?

Thanks,
Scott