[MEncoder-users] Remove gmc

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Jan 30 22:37:08 CET 2006

Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 02:52:18AM -0800, Loren Merritt wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 29 Jan 2006, Danilo Berardi wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Avi is a cartoon: I will use -cartoon.
>>> I have an avi file (xvid + ac3) with gmc enabled.
>>> I must remove gmc flag with no loose quality.
>>
>> Not possible.
>
> wrong, use huffyuv or another lossless format ;)

But then the final product will not be an "xvid", as he said it must.
All he wants to do is remove the "gmc flag", whatever that may be,
without otherwise modifying the bitstream; even if that is theoretically
achievable (which it may not be), I highly doubt it is within the
capabilities of MEncoder.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.