[MEncoder-users] How to exclude the dots on both sides (on the left and the right) of the DVD moving object in a picture?

Stass stas at kit.tomsk.ru
Mon Jan 23 06:48:20 CET 2006

I searched manual for mencoder for one subject and didn't find what I
wanted, at least it didn'r work for me...
My goals were:
. to play DVD without dots on both sides (on the left and the right) of
the moving object in a picture (I've heard the players do it automaticly
today but I didn't notice that);
. to encode AVI from such DVD that the resulting AVI might be without
those dots also.
Thank You.