[MEncoder-users] cropdetect cuts off bottom of subtitles

Sun Jan 22 00:21:57 CET 2006

Hi Raphael!

 On 2006.01.21 at 22:55:18 +0000, Raphael wrote next:

> Also,  what do the "limit" values mean exactly in this part of the man
> page.  What is 24?

It can be used do define the level of fuzziness of cropdetect. You see,
if some noise appears on a black outside area for a short while,
cropdetect won't increase cropping limit, and this value controls it.

I usually use 50. cropdetect=50:2, to be exact, since I prefer to
scale to x16 size later.

--

Vladimir