[MEncoder-users] b-frames, a/v-sync

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Feb 21 02:11:17 CET 2006

gabor wrote:
> hi,
>
> after reading the mplayer-dev/users lists for some time i'm a little
> confused on this.
>
> does encoding using b-frames (with "normal" mpeg4, or h264) work or does
> not work correctly?
>
> is there an audio/video desync?
>
> because from the mailing lists it seems that there are problems,
>
> on the other hands, documentation like:
> http://www2.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-x264.html
> does not mention any possible problems.
>
> so, what's the status? :)

Apply the attached patch to CVS mplayer. Make sure you update first --
it depends on other patches I've committed over the past few days.

The patch should make mencoder produce files with B-frames and perfect
A-V sync (or, at least, A-V sync that is not affected by the B-frames).

I plan to commit it to CVS tomorrow, so please give the patch a try and
tell me whether or not it works for you.

-Corey