[MEncoder-users] Re: MEncoder-users Digest, Vol 18, Issue 17

Trent Piepho xyzzy at speakeasy.org
Sat Feb 18 21:07:49 CET 2006

> Nico Sabbi wrote:
> > Tomá¹ Ba¾ant wrote:
>
> but now I founf that the procedure i posted before is not perfect
> either: mplex won't eat all the ac3 track - it stops at the brake of the
> ac3 where the 2 AVIs got joined before with the report
>
> **ERROR: [mplex] Can't find next AC3 frame: @ 207087104 we have 4597 -
> broken bit-stream?

This is because the mplex program in mjpegtools can't cope with AC3 streams
with errors in them.  In your case, where the two AVIs were joined, there is
probably a glitch in the ac3 streams, so that they one doesn't stop and the
other end exactly on a frame boundary.  Also, mplex doesn't handle (well) AC3
streams that change.  The ac3 streams are encoded with the same parameters,
bitrate, right?

Anyway, I wrote a program to re-sync AC3 streams for use with mjpegtools,
maybe it will help you.

Read this thread for more info:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=9525302&forum_id=2356