[MEncoder-users] Sound problem recording analog TV

ari.kroyer at c2i.net ari.kroyer at c2i.net
Tue Feb 14 08:40:02 CET 2006

I have searched the archives and various places on the net
for several days now without finding the solution to my
problem

I am attempting to set up Freevo on a Linux pc running
Debian 2.6.8, using a Pinnacle PCTV Stereo capture card
(driver saa7134). I can view TV and I get the sound just
fine (via my soundcard, as the capture card's line out is
connected to the sound card's line in).

Mencoder, however, records the video but not the sound.

Now, before you tell me about mixer adjustment and Igain,
let me show you one of the commands I have issued (and I
have tried several variations of these):

aumix -l0 -i75 -lR
v4lctl volume mute off
mencoder tv:// -tv
driver=v4l2:input=0:norm=PAL:freq=623.25:width=720:height=480:outfmt=yuy2:device=/dev/video0:adevice=/dev/dsp:amode=1:audiorate=32000:immediatemode=0:forceaudio:forcechan=2:buffersize=64
-ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1600:keyint=200:vhq -oac mp3lame
-lameopts br=128:cbr:mode=3 -ffourcc divx -endpos 10 -o
/home/ari/test.avi
aumix -l75 -i0

I have also used aumix -I to ensure that igain was set to
a non-zero level, and that line in was toggled to record.
Still no sound.

Any ideas would be VERY much appreciated. Thank you!

Ari Borde Kroyer