[MEncoder-users] Can MEncoder output MPEG-2 elementary streams (*.m2v)?

Markus Kaiserswerth mkaiserswerth at inetmx.de
Sat Feb 11 20:55:57 CET 2006

Hi,

I am happily using MEncoder to encode my source video files to
MPEG-2. In most cases, however, I need to multiplex two or more audio
streams into the video material after encoding. Doing this involves
demuxing the *.mpg file that MEncoder created and afterwards remuxing
the resulting MPEG-ES (*.m2v) it with the desired audio tracks (using
mplex).

Obviously, the demultiplexing is a waste of time. It would be nice if
MEncoder could output an MPEG-ES (*.m2v file) instead of a readily
muxed MPEG program stream.

Is this possible?

Cheers,
Markus