[MEncoder-users] Trying to deinterlace & resize 1080i content - argh

Matthias Hopf mat at mshopf.de
Thu Feb 9 19:34:18 CET 2006

On Feb 06, 06 15:51:56 +0200, Oded Shimon wrote:
> > Are these leveling out? That is, are you getting approximately the same
> > number of duplicated frames as skipped frames?
> >
> > In that case I had exactly the same issues. I'm currently working on a
> > patch that allows for a certain jitter during audio/video
> > synchronization. I still have one issue with pts jumps, but I hope I
> > will have that fixed this week.
>
> -mc 0.001 ?

1st) this won't fix one issue that v_timer_corr and v_pts_corr are first
     quantized and then combined for skipping/duplication of frames - and
     not the other way round. This is actually what my patch is all about.

2nd) this won't work smoothly for broken files that need larger pts
     corrections.

It would help for PTS jumps, but that should be pretty easy to detect
and then it can be worked around in a better way.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>       __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg    (_   | |  (_   |__         mat at mshopf.de