[MEncoder-users] Trying to deinterlace & resize 1080i content - argh

Mark Lehrer mark at knm.org
Mon Feb 6 20:59:16 CET 2006

On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 02:39:38PM +0100, Matthias Hopf wrote:

> Are these leveling out? That is, are you getting approximately the same
> number of duplicated frames as skipped frames?

Well, the audio & video are off at the very beginning, so for the
first 400 frames or so they are all duplicate.  After that it seems
like there are twice as many duplicates as skips or so.  It looks like
it may be a pattern too.  Usually it is 2 duplicates then a skip.  But
occasionally it will do 3 or 4 instead of 2.

If it will help, I can do some more analysis, but it is roughly 150
frames between each skip; with usually 2 but sometimes 3 or 4
duplicates between each of these skips.

> > Any idea what I can try to make this work better?
>
> Wait till beginning of next week :)
> It seems I'll have at least one beta tester ;)

Yes, absolutely!  I could also send you a short video sample if you
want to play with it there (http://hs.knm.org/avidemux_test.mpg,
100MB).

Thanks,
Mark