[MEncoder-users] EDL cuts not working with TS files.

rob pfile pfile at pacbell.net
Fri Dec 29 19:31:02 CET 2006

> Is there a utility that you can run a TS file through that will edit
> the timestamps so that the file starts at time zero?
>
> (Someone on another forum has been complaining about files not
> starting at zero.)

yes, ProjectX will do this for you. you can also edit commercials in
ProjectX.

i've found that both ProjectX and avidemux do a bit better than
mencoder with respect to editing. it seems that mplayer/mencoder just
cuts the audio mid-frame, which causes problems when i don't reencode
the audio. my receiver drops the AC3 lock at every edit. its an old
receiver so it takes ~1s to re-lock the audio...

rob