[MEncoder-users] advice with DVB 480x576 input

José Gabriel Moya Yangüela josemoya at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 17:05:10 CET 2006

Hi!

My pinnacle dvb captures video at 480x576. When I display raw capture in
wmp, mencoder or winamp, it is resized to the correct ratio. When I reencode
video it is resized to 3:4, even when I use --force-avi-aspect 4:3 (only
mplayer seems to recognize the avi-aspect info put by mencoder).

I've tried some DVB hints in the documentation from mplayerhq.hu, but they
don't work:

-vf dvbscale,scale=-1:0,expand=-1:576:-1:-1:1

I think I have to force aspect distortion somehow. Can you give me some
advice on how the "expand filter" works? Yes, I know it is in the docs, but
I don't understand it.

--
Tengo poco tiempo para leer. Compré estos libros a peso. Ordené que me
trajeran una tonelada.