[MEncoder-users] Encoding to DVD, size versus quality

Ismael Valladolid Torres ivalladolidt at terra.es
Tue Dec 19 13:53:51 CET 2006

Right now when encoding to MPEG2 in order to burn a DVD I use the
settings explained [1]here.

1. http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-vcd-dvd.html

However I remember using a Windows program for burning to DVD where
you could select between three different settings, one for high
quality, one for lowest size, and one intermediate.

Could it be the bitrate the difference between the three settings? Are
those settings standardized somewhere?

Which settings could I use for lowest size, maybe for storing two
movies in a single DVD making sure it'll be readable by a hardware
player?

Any ideas welcome.

Cordially, Ismael
--