[MEncoder-users] regarding skipped/duplicate frames during framerate conversion

pfile at pacbell.net pfile at pacbell.net
Wed Dec 6 17:51:21 CET 2006

Rob wrote:

> > appending -demuxer lavf to your command line prevents video.c to
> > change
> > the fps; maybe it will help you
>
> !!! i didnt read that far down in video.c!  thanks, i will definitely
> try this tonight.

hmm, this didnt work at all... maybe lavf doesnt really understand
mpeg2 TS very well? it died a few hundred frames in with "too many
audio packets in the buffer" and there were "duplicate frame!"
messages every other frame. admittedly there is a dropout in the
beginning of this recording, which may have hosed it up.

anyway it looks like my theory about the frame display time was
wrong; things didnt really improve when i hacked the code to keep the
display time constant. the only thing that has improved my problem is
hacking the v_timer_corr code to be more tolerant of a wider swing in
value.

rob