[MEncoder-users] Re: wmv -> mpeg A-V Sync Loss/Jump

H.Edeler h.edeler at online.de
Mon Aug 28 22:22:42 CEST 2006

Giacomo Comes <comes <at> naic.edu> writes:

> On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 05:12:42PM +0000, H.Edeler wrote:
> > When converting some wmv to mpeg (for DVD) I run into A-V Sync problems.
[...]
> > How can I manage to get the mpeg in sync?
>
> To my experience, when dealing with wmv files, you should add -mc 0.

Done that again and now A-V is (nearly) in sync.

[...]
> In this command line the use of -af is wrong. If you give multiple -af,
> only the last one is used. So, remove one -af and add -mc 0 and it
> should be fine.

Thank you for debugging my command line

MPEGs are now 'useable'. Small async due to damaged WMVs are still noticeable,
but it works. I still wonder why MPlayer can play the WMVs without any
noticeable sync problems, but MEncoder puts jumps into the MPEGs. Looks like I
should spend some time to learn more about basics of Video formats.

Thank you again

Hagen