[MEncoder-users] adding subtitles

Mark Longridge cubeman at cubezzz.homelinux.org
Mon Aug 28 07:38:17 CEST 2006

Thanks, in my case -ffourcc DX50 did the trick and
the video worked under windows.

I looked through the faq and I'm still not sure
how to add subtitles but keep the original encoding.

I tried:

mencoder file.mpeg -o file-with-subtitles.mpeg -oac copy -ovc copy -sub subtitle.srt

which didn't add the subtitles. Is there a way to add subtitles and
still keep the original encoding?