[MEncoder-users] Sony DSC-M1 and Philips DVP642

Rick Richardson rickr at mn.rr.com
Thu Aug 24 23:53:25 CEST 2006

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 12:25:32PM -0400, Giacomo Comes wrote:

> As expected, you can play your movie on the DVP642 without reencoding the video.
>
> This command line will do it:
> mencoder -ffourcc DX50 -ovc copy -o test.avi test.mp4 -oac lavc -oac mp3lame
>
> It can be a bit faster if you use mp2 or ac3 audio instead of mp3.
>
> A problem I found with the DVP642 is that and avi created with mencoder will play,
> but as soon as you do fast forward, it will stop immediatly.
> One solution I found is to run mencoder again:
> mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -forceidx -o fix.avi test.avi
>
> This procedure works for video reencoded by mencoder in the first pass.
> I don't know if it will work for video simply copied. You have to test it.
> Your sample was too short for this check.

Thanks!  Don't know what DX50 is, but it works!

--
Rick Richardson  rickr at mn.rr.com            http://home.mn.rr.com/richardsons/
Linux printer driver for HP CLJ 2600n       http://foo2hp.rkkda.com/

My siggy line is kinda like watching The Osbournes - ya feel sorry for
everyone involved, but its still good entertainment! -- paraphrasing tricolor