[MEncoder-users] Want a sample command to convert files to FLV

howard chen howachen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 07:54:02 CEST 2006

On 8/19/06, The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:
> howard chen wrote:
>

> <snip>
>
> >> As you can see, there are an excess of different numbers; the only
> >> ones that agree with each other are FFmpeg's 'estimation' of the
> >> frame rate and the output-frame-rate value it uses when told to
> >> transcode the file (which, since it's based on the other, doesn't
> >> mean much). Given that, I think I'm inclined to trust the math
> >> here.
> >
> > for encoding a WMV file (avg fps : 15):
>
> What do you mean, "avg fps: 15"? That the input file has that average
> frame rate? If so, where did you get that value from?

I get this value from Windows Media Player -> Statistics

When I encode this wmv using FFMpeg, FFMpeg also detect this value and
use this as the frame rate (if I omitted `-r`), of coz I also get this
value using Mplayer with `-v` option but the whole file need to play
once.

I just wonder if I `really` need to playback the whole video to get
the correct FPS. Or can future version of mencoder can handle this
automatically?