[MEncoder-users] Thumbnail creation

131071 131071 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 12:24:30 CEST 2006

Hi,

let me explain what the application looks like. The whole thing is a webapp
written in Java, mplayer/mencoder is called from within there using
Runtime.getRuntime().exec(command). What I want to accomplish now is to
create a sort of rough overview of the video file using thumbs. So I take
the length of the file in seconds and calculate points I want to have a
thumb from. So I need to be able to specify for example for a 50 sec. video
to make thumbs at e.g. 10/25/40 sec. And since this does not work out with
-ss, and only having the ability to make thumbs at the very begining of the
file is not an option, I'm looking for a different solution.

This is my problem ; )
Joachim