[MEncoder-users] Re: help encoding jpeg frames to video with soundtrack

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Thu Apr 20 05:52:00 CEST 2006

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 19:08:01 -0700
Ken and Timi Cecka <ceckak at alumni.washington.edu> wrote:

> Increasing the bitrate seems to help with the blockiness, but I can't
> figure out how to get rid of the orange streaks.  Here's an example:
>
> original frame: http://k-n-t.homeip.net/tmp/10007.jpg
> mplayer screenshot: http://k-n-t.homeip.net/tmp/encoded.jpg

You're rescaling that to dimentions which aren't even multiples of 16.
The way most video codecs work, they really need to be.  -vf cropdetect
automatically rounds down to the nearest dimentions divisible by
16, and -vf scale has an option to round the dimentions to the nearest
value divisible by 16.