[MEncoder-users] Converting wmv to wmv

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Apr 18 10:54:23 CEST 2006

(Not quoting at all is even worse than top-posting, by the way. There
are Websites out there which explain correct quoting, but I don't have
the time to dig them up right now; Google on "top posting" and "bottom
posting" and "interleaved posting" and the like, and you should find
basic explanations.)

Ko Ko wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.
>
> When I said -ofps 25 it is not fast-forwarded anymore.

My guess is that it actually is, just not by as much. What is the frame
rate of the input file? Try specifying that. (If it's not an exact
integer, you need to specify a ratio rather than a decimal value - i.e.,
if the input frame rate is reported as '23.976', you need to specify
'24000/1001'.) This may also fix your A/V desync problem.

> When I am not specifying anything, the output movie file doesn't play
> anything at all. So I think this parameter is a must. Anyway, you
> have any idea how to encode from mov to mov?

Use FFmpeg. It's not absolutely impossible with MEncoder, but for most
purposes, if you're trying to mux to any container format other than AVI
or *maybe* MPEG FFmpeg should be easier to handle.

> My current wmv file still got 1 problem anyway. The audio and video
> doesn't sync in output file. Any tips to sync audio and video?

Other than making sure that frame rates are correct, and (if there's a
specific unchanging desync which is present from the very beginning of
the file) playing around with the -delay option and its ilk, I've got no
clue.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.