[MEncoder-users] compiling cvs on MacBook Pro problems

b h bobhumphrey22 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 18:59:34 CEST 2006

--- Fredrik Eriksson <feffese at yahoo.se> wrote:

> b h wrote:
> > Hi
>
> Hello.
>
> > So, I'm new to MacBook and new to MacOS X.  I did
> > full install of xcode, so all the development
> tools
> > should be there.  Again, configure seemed to
> complete
> > happily.  I'm sure I'm doing a "newbie" error
> here.
> > Can someone point me in the right direction
> please?
> > (or what other info I need to provide to get
> help)?
> >
> > much appreciated.
> > bh
>
> The only mistake you did was trying to
> compile mplayer on a intel mac before it
> is compatible. I've already asked the
> same thing in the mplayer mailing list.
> You'll just have to wait until someone
> writes a good patch to make it possible
> to compile mplayer on intel osx.
>
> Fredrik Eriksson

Thank you for your response.  D'oh.  Afraid of that.
Not to be pushy, but maybe someone with more
development experience and knowing the
mencoder/mplayer code might have an idea about a
timeline for this?  I already know the answer "it'll
be ready when it's ready".... but maybe someone could
give a hint about how hard it is going to be and how
much work is involved so I know what order of
magnitude I'll be waiting, holding my breath.

Any other option that people know of to get high
quality encoding on the Intel Mac's?

much thanks