[MEncoder-users] call mencoder when the input directory is a network drive

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Fri Sep 2 04:48:16 CEST 2005

Jesse Corrington wrote:
> I am trying to call mencoder, with an input directory that is a network
> drive on my server.  In the input directory, there are jpeg images, which i
> need to make a movie from.  When i do it with the files on the server, the
> movie gets messed up.  If i copy the files to my local drive and then do
> them, there is no problem.  Here is the command i am using.
>
> mencoder mf://*.jpg -mf type=jpg -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=16000:keyint=15 -ffourcc XVID -nosound -o
> corrppmovie.avi

I can't reproduce that here, on an NFS mount, with the same command line
you provided. You're going to have to elaborate.

1. The output file is messed up in what way? Can you provide a sample?
2. What kind of network drive? NFS? SMB? CIFS? What OS is the server
running, and what filesystem is the server using?
3. Provide us with logs of mencoder's output. Add -v to the command line
you gave us, and send us one log for a successful encode and one log
where things get messed up. Use bzip2/gzip to compress them so you stay
below the mailing list message size limit.
4. In general, read and follow the bug reporting guidelines at:
http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html

-Corey