[MEncoder-users] subtitles disappear with mencoder

Stephen DiVerdi sdiverdi at cs.ucsb.edu
Tue Nov 29 20:45:09 CET 2005

> It was suggested some time ago that you try -vobsubid, and I don't recal
> any messages from you stating that you've tried it.

yes, i tried that right away and wrote about it immediately afterwards.
as i said, -vobsubid isn't an option for mencoder.  there was another
comment that a patch for mencoder could add the -vobsubid option, but it's
on an old codebase and might not work with the current cvs, and it's now
been said that this isn't an appropriate use of the -vobsubid option
anyway.  also, -sid has never not worked for me with mencoder before, so
i'm not really clear why it would require a different option in this case.

thanks,

-steve diverdi
-sdiverdi at cs.ucsb.edu