[MEncoder-users] using acidrip+mencoder to rip dvd

Phil Ehrens phil at slug.org
Wed May 25 23:56:18 CEST 2005

Rich Felker wrote:
> ... or having a thorough understanding of the factors that affect quality.

You have certainly nailed my problem right there... after two years
of doing this I still have no clear concept of what the options to
hqdn3d actually do, and how they interact. There is not just the
theory to deal with, but the divergence between theory and
implementation. I still find that I need about 700Mb per hour of
combined video/audio to get decent quality.