[MEncoder-users] mencoder & Video COmposite registration

Stefano Zamprogno trash at e-kki.it
Wed May 25 17:19:37 CEST 2005

Hello

I'm trying to record a SAT signal from composite input of my
Hauppauge WinTV Theater with no success for the audio part...
I'm a very beginner of mencoder/mplayer, they have a LOT of
options not so simple for me to understand ;-)

i have tried this line:

mencoder tv:// -tv
driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:width=768:height=576:input=1:\
fps=25\
-oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128 \
-ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vqscale=3:keyint=25:vbitrate=2000 \
-o Video.avi

i'm only able to see the video part of this video, seems there is not
an audio part in it...

Any idea ?

Thanks !