[MEncoder-users] Endless loop with -hr-edl-seek

Thorsten Pferdekämper thorsten-mailbox at thorsten-pferdekaemper.de
Thu May 19 20:41:31 CEST 2005

Hi,
this is perhaps not that important, but it is a little but ugly, because
mencoder stops reacting at all.
I reencoded a file with mencoder using edl and -hr-edl-seek. The file had
sound, but the sound was a little bit shorter than the video. The edl did cut
off the last few minutes of the video.
In this case, mencoder seems always to enter an endless loop.
I had a close look at the coding and here is my idea why this is like that: In
mencoder.c, function edl_seek, the loop which resyncs audio checks the
variable a_pts. When there is no audio left (I assume), this variable does
not change any more. Perhaps the loop should be left if a_pts stops
changing...
Regards,
	Thorsten