[MEncoder-users] MeWiG 0.010 released

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Fri May 13 19:43:32 CEST 2005

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 07:27:40PM +0200, Alexander Strasser wrote:
> Oded Shimon wrote:
> > On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 03:08:11PM +0200, Hans-Carl Oberdalhoff wrote:
> > > I personally think, that a quoting-like solution will put extra burden and
> > > confusion on the first-time user.
>
>   As long as he only specifies a relative path it would mean no extra burden.

I personally don't like quoting, because it adds an unecessary mess - how
would you know put something with quote characters in it? Usually with '\',
but what if you need a literal '\'... I say, since only ONE character is
giving trouble, fix only that one character.

> > Ok, I have a pretty intuitive and easy to make solution - any '::' means a
> > single ':'. If I'm not mistaken, that's the only character that needs this.
> > Anyone want me to make a patch?...
>
>   Hmmm - may be ok, besides it looks ugly ;)
> OTOH if you make implement quoting mechanism you would have to resort
> to the same or similar trick for the quotingo meta character(s).

I didn't quite understand you there.

I'm gonna get working on that patch.

- ods15