[MEncoder-users] MeWiG 0.010 released

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Fri May 13 19:27:40 CEST 2005

Oded Shimon wrote:
> On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 03:08:11PM +0200, Hans-Carl Oberdalhoff wrote:
> > Re,
> >
> > > Hmm, i think i noticed the problem. It is now a suboption and thus it
> > > has a
> > > problem with ':' in its arg. We have to come up with some way to fix it
> > > though.
> > > Maybe we should introduce a quoting mechanism for suboption arguments.
> > > Would
> > > also be helpful when we need suboptions which take full URL like strings.
> > > Opinions of other devels wanted...
> > If someone comes up with a better solution, than moving the wav files
> > afterwards, i'd very glad :)

  Well, moving the files afterwards is not really acceptable. When invoking
MPlayer by hand you could work around the problem with changing to a dir on
the right partition, but that isn't acceptable either.

> > I personally think, that a quoting-like solution will put extra burden and
> > confusion on the first-time user.

  As long as he only specifies a relative path it would mean no extra burden.

> Ok, I have a pretty intuitive and easy to make solution - any '::' means a
> single ':'. If I'm not mistaken, that's the only character that needs this.
> Anyone want me to make a patch?...

  Hmmm - may be ok, besides it looks ugly ;)
OTOH if you make implement quoting mechanism you would have to resort
to the same or similar trick for the quotingo meta character(s).

  Alex (beastd)