[MEncoder-users] How to create "really standard" MPEG1 files?

mvalle at cscs.ch mvalle at cscs.ch
Thu May 12 07:59:14 CEST 2005

Scrive Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at tiscali.it>:

> Rich Felker wrote:
>
> >I'm not familiar with MPEG formats so much, but I think ES is
> >single-stream only, i.e. just video and no audio... You can make this
> >from PS if you want by using:
> >
> >mplayer -dumpvideo -dumpfile esfile.mpg psfile.mpg
> >
> >However I may be entirely wrong..
> >Anyway WMP should support PS just fine, so IMO something else is
> >wrong.. Perhaps the fact that you're using a strange frame
> >size/aspect?
> >
> >Rich
> >

> or he screwed his  directshow setup

Uhu?
On one machine it's true, I installed ffdshow, but on another one no and both
cannot play my file.
Today I will try the mplayer dumpvideo suggestion and to change the size of the
picture to a more sane aspect ratio like 512x512. Otherwise I will upload
somewere mu two mpeg1 files.

Thanks for your help!
mario