[MEncoder-users] How to create "really standard" MPEG1 files?

Mario Valle mvalle at cscs.ch
Thu May 12 10:13:25 CEST 2005

Seems that a quick fix has been found:

1) creating a MPEG1 from a 768x576 set of images does not crash anymore WMP, but
    only the first frame is show for the entire duration of the movie.

2) converting this file using the suggested:
    mplayer -dumpvideo -dumpfile esfile.mpg psfile.mpg
    created a files that plays OK in WMP!

3) doing the same thing on the yesterday movie (remember, was 320x416 and crashed WMP)
    creates a working movie!

The 4 movies (two dims and es/ps) plus one "reference" mpeg plus the mencoder parameters
have been uploaded to ftp.mplayerhq.hu/pub/MPlayer/incoming as mpleg1-mencoder.zip (and .txt).

With the mplayer workaround I can survive for now. But better mencoder parameters are very
  welcome. Thanks for your help so far!

				mario