[MEncoder-users] Switch from DIVX to FMP4?

Jason Bodnar jason at shakabuku.org
Wed May 11 22:38:12 CEST 2005

Hi,

I wrote a script to encode some clips. One batch I did with 1.0pre6 and the
video is detected as DIVX:

VIDEO:  [DIVX]  480x360  24bpp  23.976 fps  1017.4 kbps (124.2 kbyte/s)

Using the same script but after upgrading to 1.0pre7 the video is now detected
as FMP4:

VIDEO:  [FMP4]  480x360  24bpp  23.976 fps  1023.1 kbps (124.9 kbyte/s)

So did something change between pre6 and pre7 with regard to -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4? If so, what options do I need to speficy to get the DIVX encode
with libavcodec?

--
Jason Bodnar
jason at shakabuku.org
http://www.shakabuku.org

"You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make
your blood boil who is standing center stage advocating at the top of
his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of
yours." -- President Andrew Shephard, "The American President"