[MEncoder-users] audio delay after divix conversion

Guillaume Poirier poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 23:47:33 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 22:06:08 +0200, Branislav Klocok
<branislav.klocok at ofz.sk> wrote:

> mencoder inputmovie.avi -ovc lavc -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=mp3
> But after watching some of the converted movies I found out that in the
> beginning sound and picture are perfectly synchronized but during the movie
> the distance between picture and sound increases. The picture is always a bit
> ahead.
> The only thing I could think about was that during the conversion some frames
> are skipped from time to time (you can see that in console output), but the
> sound is coverted witout skipping anything. But this is just my guess.

I think you should add this to your command line: "-mc 0 -noskip".
This should make sure no frames are skipped.
I think that you should probably not recompress the sound, as my guess
is that the sound is just fine.
Also, you should probably add some more encoding option to you command
line as without any options, lavc is very fast, but doesn't use your
bits too wisely.
Have a look at the rip guide on the online HTML docs to get more
informations about that.

Regards,

Guillaume