[MEncoder-users] capture: synchronization problems

newsgrabber at poczta.onet.pl newsgrabber at poczta.onet.pl
Sat Mar 19 19:16:23 CET 2005

>Try using -oac pcm and see if it solves your problem.

no.

Capturing now with:
mencoder tv:// -oac pcm -tv driver=v4l2:input=0:width=288:height=224 -ovc lavc
-lavcopts vcodec=mjpeg -endpos 0:30:0 -o /mnt/second/288x224.avi

and still in the end of the 30 minute file the audio is shifted by approx. 400
ms -- that is the value that must be set in mplayer to make the recorded
stuff look and sound OK. but then, when i rewind... the beginning is shifted
the other way around.

capture still shows "0 frames dropped".

Until yesterday I was using "-tv audiorate=96000" because it was necessary for
my motherboard audio chip in mandrake 9.1. to get correct sound. Somebody
here suggested buying another audio card and to disable this 'workaround'.
What I discovered today is this option is apparently not needed in mandrake
10.0 because the sound records OK with or without it (in terms of quality,
because it remains delayed, of course. so another possible reason is
eliminated).

The last thing I did was to play with -forceidx and -mc 0 or 1 (I thought
maybe it could repair the playback so I could use it while re-encoding) but
it does not help.

any more ideas? I could accept the way the movie is captured if I could repair
it later while re-encoding.