[MEncoder-users] capture: synchronization problems

newsgrabber at poczta.onet.pl newsgrabber at poczta.onet.pl
Sat Mar 19 20:52:55 CET 2005

THANKS FOR HELP.

although the problem was somewhere else. I tried to look for some other
package for mdk.

It seems there must be some bug in MEncoder 1.0pre6-3.4.1,  while version
1.0pre6-3.2.2 WORKS JUST FINE.

BTW: I'm going to record the material with pcm audio and mjpeg (or nuv) video.
I think mjpeg gives a pretty good material for further encoding into DVD or
CVCD. Or do you know something better?

Another questions would be: where (and if) should I apply deinterlacing - the
target is TV, but possibly PC. Should I deinterlace while capturing or while
re-encoding? And what filter does the best job? (I don't care about time of
re-encoding).

Thanks,