[MEncoder-users] [BUG] a-v sync problems with pullup, softskip (only on some DVDs)

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed Mar 16 01:59:15 CET 2005

Phil Ehrens wrote:
> Corey, would you mind if I copied your description of these
> "classes" to the transcode wiki for inclusion into a document
> detailing the vagaries of NTSC dvd and TV formats?

Certainly, no problem. If you're making a compilation, you might want to
ask Rich too; I'm sure he's seen some more.

Also, If you talk about telecine, you might want to use 60000/1001
instead of 59.97, 30000/1001 instead of 29.97, and 24000/1001 instead of
23.976. I don't know if transcode can use franctional framerate values,
but the fractions are the actual NTSC framerates, whereas the decimals
are approximations.

I explain why in a not-yet-applied patch to the mencoder documentation:
http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-docs/2005-March/004874.html

I just uploaded a patched version to my server for you:
http://fatooh.org/files/menc-feat-telecine.html
Don't make any permanent links to it, though; I'll delete that file when
(if) my patch gets applied.

-Corey