[MEncoder-users] Encoding problem with NUV files

R C rcooley at spamcop.net
Sat Mar 12 15:52:34 CET 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:35:55 -0500 (EST)
bmcalis at CLEMSON.EDU wrote:

> I'm attempting to encode some videos captured by MythTV to save space but
> it doesn't seem to want to work.

That's because mplayer/mencoder doesn't support MythTV's hacked-up variation of NUV.  There was a patch for mplayer but it's old, so you'd have to use mplayer0.90 or so.  I would suggest you ask the MythTV people what they expect you to use to be able to re-encode MythTV-captured videos.

This subject was discussed perhaps a couple weeks ago, I'm sure you can find the discussion by searching the archives.