[MEncoder-users] from [divx-whatever-foo-bar] to theora

Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina mihamina at mail.rktmb.org
Sat Mar 5 20:01:59 CET 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 10:11 -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 02:29:14PM +0100, Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina wrote:

> You shouldn't. It's lies and propaganda. Read the archives on the
> mplayer lists if you want to know why.

I found _no_ messages indicating theora sucks.

> All this will do is convince people theora sucks, since converting
> ALWAYS lowers quality no matter what codecs you're using.

Converting lowers quality: I agree with you.
Theora sucks: I dont. But if you have some links to show me, I will read
them carefully.

> None, mencoder does not support the theora codec for encoding.

Ok. I guess that's because the dev team thinks it's not a good format?
Or is it just a matter of time?

--
ASPO Infogérance       http://aspo.rktmb.org/activites/infogerance
Unofficial FAQ fcolc   http://faq.fcolc.eu.org/