[MEncoder-users] Negatively delay audio?

James Lee jlee23 at umbc.edu
Wed Mar 2 01:02:24 CET 2005

Hello,

I am writing a simple front end to mencoder for the iriver DAPs.  It already
works really well (http://iriverter.sourceforge.net/), but some users are
reporting sync issues which is a result of the slow CPU on the H300 series
player.  I've done all I can to fix this without resorting to a hard delay of
audio and its acceptable for me now, but some users want it perfect.  So now I
am implementing a manual audio sync function in iriverter.  I know I can use the
delay audio filter to set a positive delay value (which should push the audio
behind the video in terms of sync), but how can I pull the audio ahead of the
video?  Is there another af that supports negative delays or is there a vf that
delays video?  If not what options do I have?

Thanks a lot,

James Lee