[MEncoder-users] Trimming video

Pete Davis pete at petedavis.net
Fri Jun 24 19:26:27 CEST 2005

Sorry about the HTML. I didn't intend to send an HTML message. Stupid
Outlook.

Actually, I tried before I posted which is why I posted.

It gives me an "error parsing cmdline" if I pass -edl edit.edl in the
command line.

My actual mencoder commands are:

mencoder myfile.mpg -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128 -o /dev/null -vf
pullup,pp=md -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=900:mbd=2:vpass=1:vqmin=2:vqmax=31 -edl edit.edl -

mencoder myfile.mpg -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128 -o newfile.avi -vf
pullup,pp=md -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=900:mbd=2:vpass=2:vqmin=2:vqmax=31 -edl edit.edl -

I tried placing the -edl right after the filename as well as where it is now
to see if location in the command line was important.

I'm open to suggestions.

Pete