[MEncoder-users] Mencoder finishes early on DVD to Divx encoding

Martin Collins martin at mkcollins.org
Tue Jun 21 21:23:54 CEST 2005

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 07:54:38 -0500
"Pete Davis" <pete at petedavis.net> wrote:

> All I'm saying is if there's stuff that people SHOULDN'T be doing:
> Command that shouldn't be used or new commands that should be used
> instead, this stuff should be clearly listed in a very obvious place
> in the documentation because otherwise there's no way for the users
> to know what's unsupported, what's problematic, what's deprecated,
> etc.

A reasonable hope I suppose, the problem being finding someone willing
to take responsibility for doing that. My view is that obsolete
features should be removed or at least give a warning when running
mplayer. The counter view would be that that would break existing
scripts and provoke more complaints.
On the other hand, this list exists and if you followed it you would
over time pick up all the information you seek.

Martin