[MEncoder-users] Mencoder finishes early on DVD to Divx encoding

Pete Davis pete at petedavis.net
Tue Jun 21 14:54:38 CEST 2005

Just to be clear: I'm very appreciative of the help I've gotten here.
Honestly, I am. But I keep getting chastised for using out of date stuff.

Not everything I've wanted to do was documented well in the manual so I had
to resort to how-tos on other sites to help me figure out how to do some of
the stuff I've wanted to do. I've got maybe 6 or 7 encoding scripts, each
for a slightly different purpose, and many derived from the first scripts
that I wrote, so if I got bad info for the early scripts, it probably
propagated to the later scripts.

All I'm saying is if there's stuff that people SHOULDN'T be doing: Command
that shouldn't be used or new commands that should be used instead, this
stuff should be clearly listed in a very obvious place in the documentation
because otherwise there's no way for the users to know what's unsupported,
what's problematic, what's deprecated, etc.

Pete