[MEncoder-users] Mencoder finishes early on DVD to Divx encoding

Pete Davis pete at petedavis.net
Mon Jun 20 04:43:03 CEST 2005

One thing I am curious about. When I'm am encoding a DVD (this doesn't
happen when I re-encode an existing AVI file), Every 4 frames, I get a "1
duplicate frame(s)" message. What is this about? Is there anything I can do
to prevent it?

Also, I tried deinterlacing the DVD. The DVD is a tv show and I suppose it's
NTSC. But deinterlacing didn't seem to have any affect on the output. Does
this mean it's not interlaced? I'm just curious about when I should
deinterlace and when I shouldn't.

Thanks.

Pete